Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's finally fall!


I want to say thank you to everyone who took the time to comment on yesterday's post, as well as send emails and post on my Facebook page. I really appreciate your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes -- way more than I can even say! I still haven't heard from Nichelle, but in my heart I know she's fine. She and her team are on the island of Borneo and the earthquake and problems are on the island of Sumatra. Even so, it's still right next to where she is, so it's hard for me not to worry. Had there been no news from the area, I still wouldn't be hearing from her because she's out in villages with no way to communicate. I hope to hear something soon. Thank you again for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers.

It's starting to look like fall here finally. We had rain yesterday and more is expected tomorrow. Our aspens and birch trees have finally turned yellow, and the larches will follow soon. Western larch trees are cool in the autumn. They're pine trees, but in the fall their needs turn a bright yellow before falling off. The picture above is of the road that leads to our house. This particular curve is my favorite in both autumn and winter. If you click on the picture, it gets bigger and you can see why I love it so much. I love this time of year. All this week the boys and I were going to do projects relating to leaves, but I've postponed that until next week. For one, I've been a little glued to my computer, checking emails and refreshing the USGS website. And second, the leaves that have fallen outside are wet from the rain right now. We're due for sunshine all next week, so it will be a better time for Leaf Week for us. I love doing leaf crafts with the kids each year.

Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers for Nichelle and her team. When I hear something, I will be sure to post it here as well Facebook.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture! Hugs

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shot, Rena. As you've probably gleaned, any cool nature shot gets my attention. ;)

    Thanks for keeping us updated on Nichelle, even if there's not much to update ATM. *hugs*

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with your daughter and your family. Stunning photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad she's fine. I'm still praying for her and YWAM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your family are in my thoughts and Prayers...Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fall really is a lovely time of the year. There is something promising in the wind I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't autumn amazing?! :)

    Continuing to lift you and your family up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my favourite time of the year! Our fall colours are starting and weather is cooling. And now my kids are in school - I finally understand that commercial with the father dancing through the store buying back to school items. lol

    I have missed your blog - my computer decided to explode and we had to have it fixed and now I am going to catch up on all I have missed!

    I have been keeping Nichelle in my thoughts and prayers though. Hugs from me to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so missing fall right now. Every now and then it will feel like October even though it doesn't "feel" like October at all... does that make any sense? Probably not.

    I got all excited yesterday when I remembered that shortly after I come home it'll be thanksgiving... which means pumpkin pie!!
    But first I want that potato soup. ^_^

    -Nichelle

    ReplyDelete