Sunday, January 24, 2010

We're all crazy ...


I'm a control-freak. I like things a certain way. I'm one of those weirdos who would rather do something myself than have someone else do it their way. Not always the best characteristic to have as a writer, when so much is out of your hands. However, it's the simple things that drive me crazy -- like how the towels are folded and stacked in the cupboard, if the pillows are facing the right way, or whether the kitchen cabinet doors are shut all the way. I literally drive my family nuts. I feel sorry for them at times -- poor, misguided souls. Now get over it and shut the darn cabinet all the way!

This picture is of Neil's bed. He's a little guy, so there is usually enough room for him to sleep there too. A few weeks ago his bed was all messed up, so I tore it apart and remade it. It was getting late though, so I told him I'd leave the stuffed animals on the floor until morning. Nope. That wasn't going to happen! So, I start complaining and Nathan decides to help him to make the job go faster. Nope. He wasn't doing it right. Neil goes on to explain to his brother how you have to put all the animals into groups. "The tigers go here. The leopards go over there. All the kitties go right here."

Honestly, I don't know where he gets it.

11 comments:

  1. I can be the very same way Rena. If something isn't done exactly how I want it to be done; I usually get all frazzled too. In fact, I know when something is touched in my room, or moved, or whatever; because it isn't where I originally put it. Or, whenever I need to do something, I tend to like to get it done myself. At least then I know it was done, so I could move onto the next task. It drives my mom batty; but hey, it is what it is. I have been into making lists of things too-not necessarily 'to-do' lists, but another list. Will fill you in soon.......:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your priorities are appropriate! Our household is afraid to touch the kitchen cabinets, the matriarch is quite particular about the order on the interior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. Too funny, Rena. I can be that way about certain things as well. In fact, if we ALL admit it -- we all can be like that with specific things in our life. :D

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're funny! I'm the same way about certain things, drives my family nuts. Neil's bed is cute!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We become our parents whether we want to or not-flaws and all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny, isn't it, when we hear ourselves coming out in our kids?

    My children wish I would be a control freak - I've learned to just shut the door on their rooms. No way am I going to get mad enough to do their work for them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny! I'm rather haphazard. I know where things are, but I'm not very orderly about it. (Except my kitchen cabinets.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm like Bish! I know exactly where (most) things are, but it's not very organized...

    ReplyDelete
  9. From one self-proclaimed control freak to another! I'm the same way. I can definately relate to Neil's personality. Nice cat collection.

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. The worst has to be putting the toilet roll on wrong. I truly believe divorces occur because the paper is coming from underneath instead of over the top. (I think my hubby puts the roll on 'wrong' on purpose - just to drive me crazy... and he succeeds!

    ReplyDelete