Tuesday, June 29, 2010

YEE-HAW!


The past few days I've been working on my digital picture frame. Okay, obsessing over my frame is probably a better word. I have about 1015 pictures on that thing so far. The horizontal pictures work fine, but sometimes you have to tweak the vertical ones so they don't cut things off. In order to do that, you have to see them on the frame itself and not in your file. That takes time with 1015 pictures, which explains my obsession.

Anyway, I found this picture of Nathan in one of our files. It was taken just before we moved away from California in 2006. We took the boys to a friend's birthday party and they had a western theme, so they dressed up for that. I think Rick took this picture and I never looked at it much because it was taken in the shade and really dark. I lightened it up a bit and -- wow! What a CUTE picture! If the background wasn't a parking lot it would be so much better. Even so, Nathan can be such a cutie sometimes.

Do you have a digital picture frame? I'm on my second one, but I totally love them. It's amazing how many pictures you can fit onto a disk. Mine even plays videos, music, recipes, and more. We got it at Costco. I've given them as gifts to my mom, Rick's parents, and Nicole. They are so much fun, especially if you make a huge file of pictures or even a themed set. Mine is getting so big that it's like having my whole life flash before me. Funny though, 1015 pictures don't flash by too quickly. It takes several hours to watch mine go through a complete cycle. They're really fun and I hope they come out with huge ones someday -- big as TV screens!

11 comments:

  1. Our TV has a slot for a memory stick and its just like digital photo frame. It is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool, Tara. Not sure if ours downstairs has that or not, but I will have to check. I don't keep a TV upstairs, but a really big frame would go perfect over my fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that's a lot of photos!! And you are correct - adorable pict!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling picture! We do have a digital picture frame on our fireplace mantel. It only holds about 30 pictures though. So we have some of our faves from a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nathan looks adorable! As for a digital picture frame, I don't have one. It sounds like they make awesome gifts. I should remember that around Christmas. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Old School--no digital frame for me. But that picture of your boy is really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kid's pictures are always adorable! I'm with Green Girl. The digital picture frames aren't appealing to me, but a themed one might be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have bought several as gifts but i need to get one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Rena! Nathan's picture is adorable (he probably would not approve of that term now)! And hey, in lieu of horses in the background at least you have a pickup! :)

    I love those digital frames! That was one good invention!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is a cute picture. Our son bought my husband one for Christmas, we love it. I find myself sitting and staring at the pictures as they go by.

    ReplyDelete