Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cool bag of chips!


Have you seen this bag yet? When we picked one up from Costco the other day, some guy was ranting and saying, "I hate those stupid bags!" How funny. I didn't even read the bag. I just threw it into the cart and joked about how they made them so noisy to keep husbands from eating all the chips late at night. When I got home, I finally read it and saw that it's the world's first compostable chip bag. Apparently, the bag is made from plants and it breaks down in dirt in about 14 weeks. Pretty cool, huh? There's a little video on the link, if you want to check it out.

I love Sun Chips, but hadn't bought them in a long time. I got hooked on them when I was in the hospital for a week after having Nathan. I've never tried the cheddar, but I love the original and garden salsa. I'd like to try the peppercorn ranch sometime. This bag, as noisy as it is (think of those crinkle toys for cats!), is pretty cool, so I might have to buy them more often.

9 comments:

  1. It is such a noisy bag! But I love that it is better for the environment. I'd also rather have my kids munch on SunChips than doritos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have and they are VERY noisy, but what a great "going green" thing to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAVE seen this and I wonder why EVERYONE isn't doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. is there a chip bag that ISN'T noisy? I think this bag design is so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny. I'll have to look and see if there are any in the stores here. I'm curious now how loud they are.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I've seen the ad for this - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha! funny, but good for then environment. I love those chips too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wah. They don't have Sun Chips in France, I don't think. Mmmmm. Sun Chips. Now I want them...

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids love Sun Chips, I think the cheddar is what they eat. And you are right, the bags are very noisy!

    ReplyDelete