Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Denny update ...

Just to let you know, Denny is doing great! Today is his 2-week mark of being part of our family. When we went to adopt him, we couldn't get anywhere near him. He was still very skittish. Now he's quite the snugglebug, not to mention lapcat! As soon as I put my computer on my lap, he's here wanting attention. I still think CJ sent him to me. Denny is so much like him. It's uncanny. A little while ago I was cradling him in the nook of my arm as I tried to type. He stretched back his body and I swear, it looked just like this picture below. This is me with CJ, taken in the early 80s. I told Denny, "You're so much like CJ!"

Just as I said that, Denny sat up a little and stretched out his legs. Right when he did that, I looked up at my digital picture frame and saw the photo below. Again, this is CJ, but Denny was in the same exact pose right as the picture came up. Uncanny! If you look at his picture up top, you'll see the same little ear hairs CJ had below. Of course, Denny has his own little personality, including the whiny-baby mews he does when he's trying to wake up. Even so, his CJ-isms are unbelievable!

7 comments:

  1. Awwwwww. Those are some neat synchronistic moments to let you know Denny's the cat for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to repeat, Awwwww. Sounds like he's exactly where he belongs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable, no he's beautiful. I'm glad he's adjusting to his new life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They definitely have similarities. Denny is a cutie, he couldn't have a better home.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denny is so gorgeous. I love his wee mouth haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denny is such a cute kitty! We are not really cat people, we had a dachshund once. Our neighbors have cats and so does my son and daughter in law. They can be remarkable critters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet. He is definitely where he belongs!! :)

    ReplyDelete