Tuesday, September 21, 2010

In honor of Chuck Jones ...


Today is Chuck Jones' birthday. He died in 2002, so he would have been 98 today. I grew up watching Looney Tunes and the other work Chuck created. He also did Tom & Jerry, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Gay Purr-ee, Horton Hears A Who, and even worked uncredited on Disney's Sleeping Beauty. His work credits are amazing, especially for a cartoon lover like me. Had it not been for Looney Tunes, I'd probably never had been introduced to any classical music as a child. Sad, I know, but I'm sure that's true for a lot of people my age. Chuck Jones was absolutely brilliant. So, in honor of his birthday, here's one of his classics ...


5 comments:

  1. Cartoons back then WERE brilliant. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw it takes me to my childhood again. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I paid for a babysitter and went to hear Chuck Jones speak sometime in the late 1980s. It was a wonderful experience! Thanks for the reminder of a great date night.

    ReplyDelete