Thursday, December 30, 2010

Grimm's Fairy Tales


Did you get any books for Christmas? I gave a lot of books as gifts this year. I like giving books as gifts because they're easy to wrap. One book I got from Rick was Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales from the Canterbury Classics series. Recently, I had borrowed a Grimm's book from my daughter, but it didn't have the entire collection in it. I was surprised there were so many -- over 200 stories, plus 10 children's legends. I love fairy tales, especially with their twisted endings that are so often so politically incorrect. I'm looking forward to reading the entire book as well as some of the lesser known stories. Before I started my current MG novel, I had been working on another story that featured many fairy tales. Perhaps after reading this book, I'll be inspired to start that up again.

What are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment