Thursday, December 23, 2010

To: Santa c/o North Pole


When you were a kid, did you ever send Santa a present? If so, what did you send? I remember sending Santa a gift one time, although I can't remember what year it was. I do remember what I sent, though. It was a Santa candle that I had bought at a local department store called TG&Y. Now, why I ever thought Santa would want a candle of himself is beyond me! It's the thought that counts, right?

This picture I found online and isn't the exact candle I sent, but it was kind of like it. I didn't even put it in a box. Instead, I wrapped it in brown paper, probably from a grocery bag. On the wrapping I wrote: To: Santa c/o North Pole. To be honest, I can't remember if I even put postage on it. I stuck it in the mailbox and the next day it was gone. I wonder if that would happen today if a child didn't put postage on something addressed to Santa. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely thought, though. I think the only gifts my brother and I ever gave Santa were the cookies and milk we left out before we went to bed. They were always magically gone the next morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute were you?! You sent Santa a present! Like Patricia, milk and cookies were the only presents I ever gave Santa.

    Clearly, you were born with your kind and generous nature. Merry Christmas to you and your boys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember TG&Y:-) I think it's sweet that you thought of Santa at a time when most kids just think of what they are going to get from him.

    Merry Christmas!


    God Bless,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete