Monday, December 27, 2010

Today in Glacier ...


Rick and I just got home from Glacier NP a little while ago. We went up to do some snowshoeing. I'm not sure what was going on with me, but I was having a heck of a time. I was super hot in my coat and out of breath a lot. Maybe it's my high blood pressure meds or maybe it's because I'm still trying to get rid of that cold. Or maybe it was because I had already walked a mile and a half on my TreadClimber even before leaving the house -- doh! All I know was that I felt a lot better walking downhill than I did going up.

It was pretty and there weren't a ton of people up there, which is always nice. On our way to the park we saw about 8 bald eagles. That was pretty cool to see so many all at the same time. There must have been a deer carcass near the side of the road. I counted 5 in the sky and Rick said he saw about 3 more on the ground. I'm hoping we can go snowshoeing more this winter because we didn't seem to do it that much last year.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful.

    And I know what you mean. My sis and I have been training on running hills. They are a whole lot harder than flat ground. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a LOT of eagles! Wow.
    Walking UP is such a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife and I enjoyed this park in the fall. Looks beautiful and invigorating this time of year.

    ReplyDelete