Thursday, April 21, 2011

Museum of the Rockies

During our trip to Billings last weekend, we stopped in Bozeman to see the Museum of the Rockies. It's on the campus of MSU. I had heard the museum featured the largest T-Rex skull ever found in the world. It's pictured below with my boys. The interesting thing about it is that it's the original skull and not a cast model like some of the other displays. I couldn't believe how big it was. I think I said something to the effect of, "If that's how big the head was, can you imagine how big the whole dinosaur would be?" It would be one humongous lizard! There were a lot of bones on display, but I didn't take too many pictures because most of them were behind glass. And besides, if you've seen one bone, you've seen them all. The T-Rex skull was impressive, though. The museum also had a special frog exhibit going on, which was where I took most of my pictures. I'll post those tomorrow or sometime soon. They were pretty cool -- though the toads were icky.



2 comments:

  1. Cool! You suppose you know the female t-rexes were bigger than the males...HUGE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great museum. And seriously, can you imagine how big the whole dinosaur was?! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete