Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Run, run, run, as fast as you can ...

Does anyone remember this little guy? It was a YEAR ago, last May, that the boys and I made our own versions of The Marshmallow Man. This picture was taken the day we made them. Would you be shocked to know we STILL have him? We do! He's been sitting in our wine rack all this time. He still looks pretty good, too. His bowtie is a little cracked and he's developed a few wrinkles with his old age, but he's doing well. He sends his love.

Stephen Macquignon illustrated my third picture book, The Marshmallow Man and he's been posting his process for breaking down a story and creating a storyboard. It's really fascinating, especially to watch how an idea materializes into an actual character. Or as in this case, an entire cast of characters. Click here to see what I mean.

If you click on the link to the book, you can order it directly from my publisher, 4RV Publishing, LLC. It's also available online at Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and Books-A-Million. It can be ordered through any bookstore as well. On my website you will find some fun activities for your kids to do after reading the book. The best one is making your very own Marshmallow Man, followed by eating him up, of course!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rena,
    Thanks for stopping by and reading my posts
    big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is soooo cute I'd almost hate to eat him ;D

    Almost...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary how well marshmallows retain form. Makes me wonder how long it takes for our bodies to digest them. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete