Monday, June 20, 2011

So ... how are you?

I need to catch up on everyone's blogs. As you know, I've been having a heck of a time with Blogger lately. My friend Deb told me she was having problems and they started when she switched from Internet Explorer 8 to version 9. That's about the time I started having problems, so I had Rick switch my laptop back to IE8. So far, I've noticed a little change, like being able to highlight words and add spaces between paragraphs. It's still not back 100% and it won't keep me logged in. If I try to justify my paragraphs, everything gets messed up. I've tried deleting my cookies, but that hasn't helped. Some blogs I can't reply to at all. It's frustrating. Blogger says they're aware of the problems, so I hope they can figure it out soon.

In other news -- I had an idea for a picture book the other day, so I've been working on that. Thanks to all my friends who answered my question on Facebook about whether their kids prefer dinosaurs or crocodiles more. I got a lot of helpful replies. I went with crocodiles, but it's the type of book that I could easily do a dinosaur one as well. It's not so much a story, but more about different types of crocodiles. I'm revising it now, so if it ever becomes worth submitting, I might consider doing another one about dinosaurs. Both would work, as would other animals. I'm also plotting a middle grade story, but I haven't started writing anything down yet. When I do, I will be researching things like harmonicas, shotguns, wilderness survival, and mental illness. How's that for wild and crazy research!

My weight-loss is still coming along, although I haven't lost anything these past 2 days. That's okay because I was really on a roll there last week. I figured it would slow down for a bit. I have 7 more pounds to reach my goal now. I'm pretty confident I can get there if I keep doing what I've been doing. I've gotten some cool comments from my family lately ...

Rick said, "Hey there, skinny!"

Nathan said, "Mommy, you lost your fatness!"

Rick said, "You're half the size you used to be."

Nicole said, "You're so friggin' tan!"

Funny comments, but I love them. In all honesty, it's really hard to see myself as thin because I've been overweight for so long. I guess I'm getting there. I went to buy a bra the other day and made the discovery I'd gone down 3 sizes and 1 full cup. Maybe that's TMI, but it's pretty drastic. Did I lose 67 pounds in my chest? Sheesh. This diet has been very easy for me, so that's made it worthwhile. It's a lot harder for Rick because he hasn't been able to find as many substitute foods that he likes. For me though, it's been relatively easy. I don't see it as a diet persay, but more as a new way of eating, so I'll continue it as I maintain my goal weight. I'm also really enjoying exercising for the first time in my life. My arms are taking on some shape, other than flabby, and I can actually see my biceps. It might sound silly, but little things like being able to feel your hip bones or see your collar bones is a big deal.

So ... what's new in your neck of the woods?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rena! I've been haveing problems w/ Blogger too! It's frustrating! I can't see who's following me! Haha...I hear ya on the clothes dept.! Had the same problem! and congradulations on your weight loss!!! I'm starting to see a little bit of difference! A little bit of saggy from the fat on my arms! It's takeing forever though! But it'll be worth it once we get there!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rena, Your weight loss is AMAZING! Good for YOU!

    I hate Blogger lately...It's one of the reasons I'm taking a break for June. I don't even get real comments except for SPAM half the time. It's too time-consuming to log in over and over just to let other Blog owners know you've commented.

    I might phase out my blog in the very near future.

    ReplyDelete