Friday, October 21, 2011

They're here!


I was so happy to receive my copies of A New Friend for Dilly yesterday. Due to money issues, I wasn't able to get a lot of copies, but I at least wanted some for all of my kids and my in-laws. I am so happy with how this book turned out. As some of you know, we had to change illustrators for this second book in the series. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. I am thrilled to say it works for A New Friend for Dilly!

Ginger Nielson has done an incredible job with the book. Not only did she keep Dilly looking like his original illustrator designed (Lisa Oakman), but she gave him the most incredible facial expressions, not to mention a cool, little hat! I'm so fortunate Ginger was able and willing to take this project on, especially because she had also agreed to illustrate the third book in my Critter series, Pony Strings & Critter Things, the next one to come out.

A New Job for Dilly, the first book in the series, featured Dilly searching through the alphabet to find the perfect job for himself. A New Friend for Dilly does the same thing with him searching A to Z to find the perfect friend. Just as the first book introduced 26 different jobs, the second one features 26 different animals. Can Dilly find the perfect friend for himself? You'll have to read the book to find out.

It is now available directly through my publisher at 4RV Publishing, LLC. Or, you can order it through any bookstore. Books make a great gift and with Christmas coming, now is a good time to start thinking about that. I will be adding more Dilly crafts and activities to my website soon, as well as to Dilly's own personal website -- DILLYLAND.

6 comments:

  1. So cool Rena. Congrats! This will be under the tree for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats, Rena! The cover is so cute and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The giraffe has such gorgeous eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YIPEE!!! Hooray - and GIANT Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new book!

    ReplyDelete