Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


If you celebrate this day, I hope you're having a wonderful time. Today is our 24th wedding anniversary. As of right now, we don't have any plans to do anything. As fun as it was getting married on Valentine's Day, it's not the best night to go out. Most restaurants are packed. We usually go out before or after our anniversary, if we go out at all. Next year will be a bigger one, being the 25th, so maybe we can do something special then.

It seems people either love Valentine's Day or they hate it with a burning passion. I've been seeing a lot of anti-Valentine's Day posts on Facebook today. I don't get that, but to each their own, I suppose. I mean, I don't celebrate Kwanzaa, but don't go out of my way to announce it to people. Okay, so I just did now, but that's an exception. I understand that some people are sad or lonely, but why bash it? How hard is it to show a little love to someone, even if they aren't exactly the love of your life? 

I'm not very materialistic. I don't expect flowers, candy, jewelry or anything like that. Rick bought me those boots yesterday, so that was a big treat. Besides my wedding, I have fun memories of Valentine's Day as a kid. I loved bringing in cards for my classmates and having a party at the end of the day. I'm assuming schools still do that, right? I am really bummed that my boys are still so sick, though. They got invited to a Valentine's Day party by one of our homeschool friends. We really wanted to attend, but the boys are just coughing and sniffling too much. I feel really bad they missed it.

Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

  1. When I was in second grade, I was in the hospital having my appendix out on Valentine's Day. My teacher brought me the Valentines my classmates made me later that afternoon, and it was incredibly memorable :-)

    Regarding getting married on Valentine's Day, I bet it's not as common as one might think. Jeff and I have been talking a lot about "the ring" lately, and he told me he thought a lot about getting it and asking the proverbial "Will you ..." question on Valentine's Day and decided against it because it was a day that a lot of people get asked. We got thinking about it and decided it's probably not as common as we thought originally.

    Happy Anniversary, and Happy Valentine's Day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and your husband on 24 years!
    Yeah, I don't make a big deal out of V-day, but I also don't hate on it. Better things to do;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Happy Anniversary! Your photo is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete