Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Disney's Fort Wilderness


We've been home from Disney World since Friday night, but man, I'm still feeling the effects of the trip. Ten days walking around theme parks is exhausting. I honestly don't know how my in-laws do it year after year. Last year we stayed at The Wilderness Lodge, but this time we stayed at The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness. They have both RV sites and little cabins. The cabins sleep six, so it was a perfect size for us.

I thought I'd share some photographs of the cabin. Unfortunately, I didn't take any of the outside, but the link above shows some good ones. I also didn't take any pictures before we threw all our junk down, but you'll get the idea of what they're like. The picture above was taken from one of the trash cans by the bus stop, of all things. My MIL loves both The Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness because she says she likes the woods and mountain feel. They're both nice, but a lot like home to us.

This is the kitchen below. Since we wanted to do a lot of our meals in the cabin, this worked out really well for us, especially for breakfast and dinner. The dishwasher was nice, and so was the full-sized coffeemaker, which Rick and I used everyday. Looking now, I realize I didn't get any pictures of the living room. I was standing in it when I took the kitchen picture. The living room had a couch, bench, and a pull-down bed that stored on the wall. My ILs slept there and we were in the bedroom with the boys.











As you can see, housekeeping (I think they call themselves Mousekeeping) left us towel critters everyday. By the end of our stay we had quite a collection going. We even had a big turtle on our bed one day. All in all, the cabins were nice and I'd definitely stay in them again if I could. I think having a car would make it easier because we had to rent one to do our grocery shopping, especially since we were staying so long.

1 comment:

  1. When we stayed at the Beach Club Resort, housekeeping rearranged Mr. G's stuffed animals every morning in new poses--so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete