Friday, June 22, 2012

Goodbye, Frankie.

 

I am deeply saddened to hear of the loss of Barbara Techel's beloved dog, Frankie. It's not often I shed tears for other people's pets, especially people that I've never even met in person before. I did for Barbara and Frankie. This little dachshund has touched so many lives in her short lifetime. My heart aches for Barbara and her husband, John. I know how painful losing a pet is. It's even more difficult when you've experienced an illness or injury, and have helped a pet to regain a normal life. It's not an easy thing to do.

Obviously, I can't tell Frankie's story as well as Barbara, so I urge you to check out her website to learn more about this wonderful, little dog and all of the lives she's touched. I bought Barbara's picture book, Frankie The Walk 'n Roll Dog for Neil's birthday a few years back. He loved it, as did I. Please check out Barbara's website to see how you can help other dogs like Frankie.

To Barbara and John -- You're in my thoughts and prayers. God bless.

Barbara's website -- Joyful Paws


2 comments:

  1. So sad to hear, yet how wonderful to see how inspiring one dog can be.

    Thank you for sharing, and I'm definitely going to buy the book for my little reader (oh, and who am I kidding, for myself as well :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how sad. We had a dachshund, she lived to be 14 1/2 yrs old. She was very loyal and the sweetest thing (to us that is). She didn't like strangers.

    ReplyDelete