Saturday, June 16, 2012

Two fun finds ...


As usual, yesterday Neil and I did our usual stomp through the local Salvation Army. I didn't find a whole lot I couldn't live without. Neil found a grand piano and tried to convince me he needed it to work on music for his movies. He's so funny. It actually wasn't all that expensive -- about $80.

Piano aside, we did find a couple of books. One is this Graphic Organizers and Activities for Differentiated Instruction in Reading. I liked that it was for grades 4-8, so this will be something I can do with both boys at the same time, and just work at their own levels. It has a $14.99 price tag sticker on the back, but I got it for a quarter. That worked for me.

I also got the book below called How To Draw 101 Animals. It's cool and has all sorts of great animals in it, even lemurs and bison. Again, it cost me a quarter. One nice thing about finding these older books at a thrift store is that it usually leads me to the author's website. The animals book was done by Dan Green and he has a lot of other books I might be interested in using for school. I never know what I'm going to find -- or who I might discover.


No comments:

Post a Comment