Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Pinky-Bird!


This little beauty sat still long enough for me to snap a couple of pictures yesterday. There are some blurry marks, but that's because it was snowing at the time. A long time ago, the boys nicknamed them "pinky birds" after their pink colored beaks. Whenever we see one, it's always called Pinky or Pinky-Bird. We have them year-round where I live, but lately I've been seeing a lot of them at my feeders. I'm thinking this one is a female. The males have darker hoods that are almost pitch-black in color. Click on the link below to learn more about them. 

1 comment:

  1. Pinky-bird. I like that. We have the black and white Junco around here. I have never paid much attention to their beaks. I will now!
    She looks like she enjoys having her picture taken.

    ReplyDelete